Bulk & Residential Delivery Service Available | Call For Pricing & Delivery
Best Topsoil for Seeding Lawns
Green Earth has #2 Topsoil for sale in the NW Ohio and SE Michigan regions. Sold both in bulk and per yard for pickup or delivery, #2 Topsoil is our blend of dirt that is harvested from the second layer of material, usually found 8-12” deep. This classification of dirt is left unscreened, keeping naturally occurring root systems intact. #2 Topsoil is not as dark in color as our premium grade topsoil; however, it is still high in organic matter. This product is ideal for large scale projects taken on by both homeowners and contractors that are looking to finish grade areas that will become lawns after construction.
All of our topsoil is custom blended using rich dark native farm soil from our sand pit located near the oak openings region which is known for having pockets of nutrient rich topsoil that can run 2-3 feet deep because of the ancient glacial lakes that were once here. Our all natural, organic topsoil is referred to by many as “Black Gold” because it is so dark and very rich in minerals and organic matter.
- Base Fill for Raised Beds
- Bottom Layer of Graded Lawn Space After Construction
What Makes #2 Topsoil Unique?
#2 Topsoil contains the natural, rich properties of the local areas soil, and it is left unscreened and unprocessed. Beyond the manual mixing that occurs during the excavation, transport, and storage of the product, the product is left in its natural state. This product does not include supplemental compost that is found in our Garden Soil product, allowing for the topsoil to compact and provide a firm surface for outdoor activities. Since this product is not enhanced beyond its natural nutrients found in the local area, #2 Topsoil is ideal for areas that will be seeded for a lawn.
How is #2 Topsoil Made?
#2 Topsoil is the least processed of our materials. This product is made from the second layer of our harvested dirt from the native soil found at our own pit located in the Oak Openings region. Once harvested, the dirt is left unprocessed and transported to holding areas and our sales yard for storage. The manual mixing process created by the harvesting and transport process breaks down clumps and pockets of dense nutrients, spreading the rich ingredients throughout the finished product.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Use Topsoil in Containers?
- Topsoil is not recommended to be used in containers. Potting soil is what you would use for containers. Potting soil, also referred to as potting mix, is a growing medium specifically formulated for plants grown in containers.
- How Do I Figure Out How Much Topsoil I Need?
- Generally, 1 ton or 2000 lbs. of topsoil will cover approximately 100 sq. ft area or 10’ x 10’ area at 2” deep.
- How Much Topsoil Is in a Truckload?
- Trucks come in many sizes, and they can haul different amounts. We have many different sized trucks that can haul anywhere from 1 ton to 24 tons. Our average residential delivery for spring yard touch ups or leveling off low areas in your lawn is 5 tons.
- How Many Wheelbarrows Are in a Ton of Topsoil?
- A typical garden variety wheelbarrow with a deep basin holds approximately 3 cubic feet. 1 ton of topsoil will fill 9 wheelbarrows at this size.
How Can I Get #2 Topsoil?
Green Earth provides both Delivery and Pick-up. Both retail and contractors are welcome to stop by our sales yard located in Holland, OH to browse the available products, speak to a sales representative, make their selection, and drive away with their desired stone product on the same day. Additionally, Green Earth provides delivery to a large circumference of nearby towns/cities. Browse the list below of Northern Ohio and Southern Michigan. If you don’t see the area that you are looking for for delivery, give us a call. We are always looking to go the extra mile for our customers.
Areas That We Service – Michigan
- Ann Arbor
- Southeast Michigan
Skilled Staff - Quality Sourced Materials - Well Equipped.
- Green Earth located, just West of Toledo Ohio, proudly serves Southeast Michigan and Northwest Ohio.
- From major highway construction materials transportation and erosion control grading to residential and built topsoil delivery, Green Earth has the trucking delivery fleet, manpower and materials to get the job done.